How to Request a Grant
- Ask for the Gift –The letter should begin with the reason you are requesting and how much funding is required from the Foundation
- Describe the Need – In an abbreviated manner, tell us why there is a need for this project, piece of equipment, etc.
- Explain What You Will Do – Provide enough detail to perk interest. Describe precisely what will take place as a result of the grant.
- Provide Agency Data – Let us know more about your organization by including your mission statement, description of programs offered, number of people served, staff, volunteers and Board data if applicable.
- Include Budget Data – Budget should be in the form of an attachment. You must indicate the total cost of the project, piece of equipment, etc.
- Closing Statement – Tell us how the project might carry on without further grant support. Tell us how many people will be served by the funding or if there is any matching funds for the project.
Attachments should include:
- Board of Directors List
- Copy of IRS Determination Letter
- Financial Documentation
- Brief Resume of Executive Staff